Thursday, July 30, 2009

See The World Goes To Coldplay

Greetings friends!

Hope life is well where you're at. Just wanted to fill you in on our latest undertaking. Sam and I went to see our first Coldplay concert on Saturday. Driving from Minneapolis to East Troy, Wisconsin was about 350 miles, and the tickets cost an arm and a leg, but it was totally worth it. I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more, just to be the man that sits 100 rows up at a Coldplay show (insert witty quote from 40 Year Old Virgin here).

Coldplay offers something that almost no other band today can offer: a chance to hear the biggest band in the world (34,000 fans + Chris, Johnny, Will, and Guy) sing in unison. The crowds a capella performance at the end of Fix You gave me shivers (reminded me of The Chordials and some of my other favorites). In addition to the spot-on performance by the band, the big-screen video production was exceptional. Though it was displayed in real-time, the footage looked like a professional music video. I can't imagine the cost of lights and visual effects-- I wonder if the band even gets paid at the end of all that goes into it? Kidding.

Anyway, check out the video. I thought about getting footage of the concert, but realized that might come back as bad karma someday.

Another couple things:
1. We have an upcoming EP to be released-- stay patient, cause it's just around the corner.
2. We're playing on August 15th with Chicago's State and Madison and locals Readygoes-- join us at Station 4 in St. Paul for an all-ages fiesta. Would love to have you!

Much love,
Jasperemy

1 comment:

  1. More people need to comment on this blog. ;)

    So you know, I was watching your video and I have to say - after your driving lesson - I'm thinking next time I come see you, I'll rent a hybrid and then I'll find your little van and I'll drive really really really slowly in the left lane right in front of you. Muahahahahah!

    ReplyDelete